Japanese Indigo Blue Dye Studio
“chizu blue” is a business cooperative founded in 2005 by a group of women in Chizu Town, Tottori Prefecture, who hoped to create a local product with speciality.
We are proud of our own natural dye that we make in Chizu by growing from indigo seeds and fermenting the dried leaves.
Our products are characterised by the beautiful Japanese indigo blue
created with clear water from our rich forest and our own method of
We deliver the products together with the senses of gentle breeze
through trees and streams in the forest, and relaxing clear blue
sky from our hometown.
- At the time of washing our products :Please wash our products separately from other laundry.
Please do not use alkaline detergent and bleach. Using such
detergents might cause the discoloration.
- Rubbing hard against the clothes and bags that you are wearing might cause the color staining.
- Please put away our products in the dark when not in use.
- Please enjoy the uneven color and the aging that are all unique to the hand dye.
A shopping guide
About the stock :
- We have only a few stocks because it takes a year to make our products from scratch, so please contact us to inquire about the stock quantity beforehand.
- For large orders, please contact us 1 year in advance to meet your preferred delivery date.
About the procedure from order to arrival :
- We ship by EMS, it is a delivery for overseas with tracking number by Post Office JP. The shipping cost is paid by the purchaser. For one dress, the sipping costs from 1,400 yen to 2,400 yen.
- If you purchase Japanese products from overseas, customs duties may apply. In that case, please note that any customs duties incurred will be paid by the purchaser.
- Please pay in advance with a credit card by following the procedure written in the email that will be sent to you. We accept only credit card payment.
- We will ship the products within 3 working days after the payment is confirmed.
- Once dispatched from Japan, it will take approximately 5 – 10 working days for the products to arrive.
- As a general rule, the products are non-exchangeable, non-returnable and non-refundable. Only when the products are defective we will comply with your request.